Setting up a charity
We can advise on charity formation and set up your charity for you. We have experience in all forms of charitable structure and can explain the different options with you based on your specific needs. For example:
The type of structure you choose affects how your charity will operate:
- who will run it and whether it will have a wider membership?
- whether it can enter into contracts or employ staff in its own name?
- whether the trustees will be personally liable for what the charity does?
There are four main types of charity structure:
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)
- Charitable Company (limited by guarantee)
- Unincorporated Association
For advice on all aspects of commercial law, please call our specialist teams in Halifax (01422 339600) or Huddersfield (01484 483800) or complete our online enquiry form and we’ll be in touch.