Children and Care Proceedings

We understand that when social workers become involved with a family it can be an upsetting and stressful time.   Our expert lawyers will guide you through the process, using their knowledge and experience to ensure that you have the best possible chance of a positive outcome.

We provide advice and representation to parents, grandparents, other relatives and carers of children where social services are investigating or where the case has been taken to court.  This includes representation in emergency cases.

In addition our solicitors Robert Scott, Lynn Crabtree and Shelley McLachlan are members of the Law Society’s Children Panel.  This means that they are able to represent children as well as adults within court proceedings and they have been independently assessed and accredited.

We can help with all aspects of the process including:

  • Care orders
  • Supervision orders
  • Placement orders and adoption proceedings
  • Emergency Protection Orders and Police Protection Orders
  • Special Guardianship Orders
  • Public Law Outline (PLO) meetings
  • Child Protection Conferences
  • Contact with children in care
  • Applications to discharge care orders or placement orders

In most cases legal aid is available for the parents and we can provide a free legal aid assessment for other family members.

Whenever social services are involved it is vital that you know your rights and have expert legal representation to make sure the rights of you and your family are protected.