After studying at Lancaster University and the College of Law in Manchester James joined us as a Trainee in 2010 and qualified as a Solicitor in 2012.
James specialises in employment law, representing both employers and employees in cases of:
- unfair dismissal
- discrimination at work
- settlement agreements
- disputes in business relating to shareholders rights, unfair prejudice and confidential information
Alongside his employment law work, James handles probate matters, including:
James also deals with general litigation matters including:
- Residential landlord possession claims
- Other disputes with landlords, including housing disrepair, tenancy deposit claims and landlord harassment
- Tenant disputes, including evictions, rent arrears and non-payment of rent
- Commercial Landlord Possession Claims, debt disputes, and defective workmanship/repair disputes.
Outside work James can often be found on a tennis court. He's a skilful tennis player and acts as secretary for Calderdale Tennis League. James also plays football for Huddersfield’s Britannia Football Club and helps to organise our annual charity quiz.
James provided an excellent service and top notch advice
Excellent job James. Thank you for your patience and guidance and for settling my case.
James Hodgson was excellent throughout the sale and purchase of our house. He kept us well informed throughout the process.
James was excellent, and I would definitely recommend Wilkinson Woodward and him.
Maureen and James treated my case with the utmost integrity, 100% professional at all times and made me feel very comfortable.
James Hodgson was extremely quick to return my initial enquiry and provided succinct, easily understandable and expert professional advice. The level of service and advice was second to none. Many thanks!