National Minimum/Living Wage from 1 April 2019
The National Minimum/Living Wage have changed this month. From 1 April 2019 the new rates are:
- Workers aged 25 and over - £8.21 an hour (National Living Wage)
- Workers aged 21-24 - £7.70 an hour
- Development rate for workers aged 18-20 - £6.15 an hour
- Young workers rate for workers aged 16-17 - £4.35 an hour
- Apprentice rate (workers under 19 or in first year of apprenticeship) - £3.90 an hour.
For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Contact our experts for further adviceMaureen Cawthorn
The contents of this article are intended for general information purposes only and shall not be deemed to be, or constitute legal advice. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss as a result of acts or omissions taken in respect of this article.