Landlord & Tenant Renewals
The renewal of a tenancy provides an opportunity for both parties to consider future options so when a business tenancy is due for renewal, this can trigger areas of dispute between landlord and tenant. Disputes can damage a business and affect a landlord’s investment so any disputes should be addressed quickly in order to minimise potential disruption and loss. Indeed, timely communication and proactive management in the lead up to a lease renewal can reduce the likelihood of disputes arising.
Wilkinson Woodward’s team of commercial legal experts can advise on a wide range of issues including:
- Early termination of a commercial lease
- Contested and uncontested business lease renewals
- Commercial lease agreement interpretation
- Rent reviews
- Break notices
- Disputes concerning requests for landlord’s consent
- Property injunctions
- Forfeiture of commercial leases and applications for relief from forfeiture
- Breach of covenant
- Repair and dilapidation claims
- Rent and service charge recovery
If your business is affected by any of these issues, please contact our commercial dispute resolution specialists in Halifax, Huddersfield and Brighouse.