Can I move home under the new Covid-19 restrictions?
The new guidelines issued by the Government this week suggest that moving home could be a regarded as an exception to the “stay at home” rules, where the move is unavoidable and can be done safely. In all cases, buyers, sellers and third parties supporting the move must adhere to current social distancing and PPE guidelines.
What about viewing properties?
The latest Government guidelines on property viewings state that:
- Viewings should first happen "virtually"
- Physical visits must be by appointments only - open houses are not permitted
- Speculative viewings are "highly discouraged"
- All internal doors should be open wherever possible
- The current occupier should vacate the property during the viewing, for example by standing in the garden
- Viewers should wash their hands upon entering the property
- All surfaces, including door handles, should be "thoroughly cleaned" after the viewing
Looking for an estate agent in Halifax? Please contact our partners, Boococks Estate Agents and Lettings
Selling your home? Here's our guide for first-time property sellers
Download our free guide to buying and selling a property
The contents of this article are intended for general information purposes only and shall not be deemed to be, or constitute legal advice. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss as a result of acts or omissions taken in respect of this article.