Boococks launches in-house domestic energy assessment service

If you’re thinking of selling or letting your home, you’ll need to provide prospective buyers or tenants with an The Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for your property. The certificate is issued following an assessment carried out by a licensed Domestic Energy Assessor.

Our partners at Boococks have their own, fully qualified in -house assessor, Harry Manock. Harry is a Sales Negotiator and recently qualified as a domestic energy assessor, making selling a home easier for Boococks' customers.

An Energy Performance Certificate is needed whenever a property is sold or let. It provides details on the energy performance of your property and what you can do to improve it.

The domestic energy assessment involves:

  • Establishing the age and construction method of the property
  • Measuring floor and wall areas
  • Looking at heating systems such as the boiler, heat emitters and controls
  • Identifying existing cavity wall and loft insulation
  • Identifying any alternative heating used (such as solar) and any energy-efficient products (such as energy saving light bulbs)

For more information about domestic energy assessments, or to arrange a market appraisal for your home, please contact Harry on 01422 386376 or email

The contents of this article are intended for general information purposes only and shall not be deemed to be, or constitute legal advice. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss as a result of acts or omissions taken in respect of this article.